About welfare reform

Welfare reform is what the government are calling their changes to the benefits system. There are a lot of changes and you may be affected by one or more of them.

If you are affected we can offer you support and advice on what you need to do.

You won’t be affected if you were born on or before 5 October1951.

On this page you can find out about:

  • The benefits cap
  • Non dependant deduction
  • Personal independence payments
  • Local welfare provision

Gerry tells us about how welfare reform has affected him

Where can I get advice?

If you need advice about welfare reform you can contact our debt and money advice service.

To get in touch with them you can:

  1. Call us on 01204 328238
  2. Click here to email the debt and money advice team
  3. Debt and money advice service form.pdf [pdf] 332KB

If you want to discuss moving house, phone us on 01204 328000.