Get support if you're behind with rent payments (rent arrears)

Lots of people struggle with their finances from time to time, however, help is available.

If you're struggling to pay your rent or arrears, please contact us on 01204 328000 or tap here to email our Income Management Team. 

Alternatively, you can contact our Money Advice Team for free, confidential support with anything money or debt-related. To access our Money Advice Team's support and see their contact details, tap here (opens in a new tab).

When you get in touch, our dedicated staff will be able to help with things like:

  • Helping you to apply for Housing Benefit and support back dated claims.
  • Helping you to apply for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).
  • Benefits checks to ensure you're getting all the correct benefits, even if you're working.
  • Helping to reduce your household bills, gas, electric and water.
  • Reducing your outgoings and any debts you may have.
  • Supporting you back into training or employment.
  • How to apply for free grants for training and education.
  • Benefits advice (including Universal Credit, etc).
  • Provide budgeting support, how to manage and make the most of your money.
  • How to cook and shop on a budget.

You're responsible for ensuring that your rent is paid on time. If you're finding it hard to make ends meet, please remember that your rent is a priority debt and you can lose your home if you don't keep up with rent payments. We're here to help if you need us.

Other people who can help

All of these services offer free and impartial help and support:

Bolton’s Money Skills
01204 331968

Hoot Credit Union 
01204 365024

Citizens Advice Bury & Bolton (CABB)
0808 278 7804

MoneyHelper (formerly the Money Advice Service)

Stop Loan Sharks
0800 074 0878 or TEXT 60003

The IVA Specialists
0800 856 8569