Local welfare provision
The Local Welfare provision (LWP) is a local scheme which helps people who are in crisis or need financial help.
Bolton Council provides support for:
- Emergency help with food
- Emergency help for gas and electric
- Help to buy essential white goods, ie Fridge Freezer, cooker, washing machine
- Returning to live in the community after being in care or in hospital or leaving prison
- Wanting to stay in your home rather than go into care
Get more information on the scheme on Bolton Council’s website:http://www.bolton.gov.uk/website/pages/Localwelfareprovision.aspx
How to make a claim with LWP
To make a claim with the LWP, you need to complete an application form which can be accessed as follows:
- Online claim - click here
- Over the phone - ring Bolton Council on 01204 332772
- In person - Bolton Council, Town Hall, Victoria Square, Bolton, BL1 1RU
What happens if my LWP claim is not successful?
If your claim with the LWP is not successful, please contact our Money Advice Team on 01204 329868 as we may be able to help you.
If you need emergency support in a crisis, please call into any of our UCAN centres or contact our Money Advice Team on 01204 329868.