Local Welfare Provision (LWP)
The Local Welfare Provision (LWP) is run through Bolton Council and they may be able to help with:
- Emergency help with food
- Emergency help with gas and electricity
- Returning to live in the community after being in care or in hospital or leaving prison
- Wanting to stay in your home rather than go into care
For full terms and conditons or to apply for a grant, click here to fill out a grant applicaton or contact them on 01204 332772.
We offer a hardship fund for our tenants who may need financial support or are suffering crisis with:
- Emergency fuel payments
- For white goods where other schemes have been exhausted
- For food parcels
- Essential transport costs where other schemes have been exhausted
- A percentage of the under occupancy charge, where required property is not available or ready
- An exit strategy for furnished tenancy charges where employment has commenced and the package is no longer sustainable.
Please contact us on 01204 328000 for help and support.
A food bank is a place which stocks of food, typically basic provisions and non-perishable items, are supplied free of charge to people in need.
Call us on 01204 328000 for help and support.
Hardship Payment - DWP
Hardship payments are reduced-rate payments of jobseeker’s allowance (JSA), employment and support allowance (ESA) and Universal Credit (UC) that are made in limited circumstances, including if you have been sanctioned.
You or your partner or children must be experiencing hardship and in most cases you must show that you or your family will suffer hardship unless benefit is paid. In some cases for JSA, you must be in a ‘vulnerable group’.
If you want to apply for a hardship payment, ask at your local Jobcentre and they will help you fill out the form.