Template letters and leaflets
On this page you will find lots of useful template letters to help when dealing with non priority debt issues.
You will also find some self help leaflets on Money Matters and how to help yourself out of debt.
Budget Sheet: Before you do anything make sure that you have your budget sheet ready as this needs to be sent to your creditors when discussing any debts:
1. Offer payment to creditors: Use this letter to make an initial offer of payment to your creditors based on your available income:
2. Freeze interest letter: Use this letter when a creditor refuses to freeze the interest or additional charges on your account:
3. Reconsider my offer letter: Use this letter when a creditor has refused your initial offer of payment:
4. Continue accepting my offer letter: Use this letter if your situation has not improved to ask your creditors to keep accepting your current payment offer:
5. Write off the debt letter: Use this letter to ask your creditors if they would consider writing off your debt: