Affordable carpet and furniture options
Our properties are rented without furniture and carpets. If you want carpets or furniture, new or second-hand, we recommend you have a good look around.
Some websites give away free items like beds, TVs, fridges, and more. Try websites like Freecycle (www.freecycle.org), Gumtree (www.gumtree.com), or look for local community selling groups on Facebook. You could find a bargain with a bit of research.
We work with a range of suppliers and can help you with:
- Discounted furniture, both new and second-hand
- Up to 20% off the price of new carpets and flooring (you'll need to supply a copy of your tenancy agreement)
- Lower interest loans from Hoot, Bolton’s Credit Union: www.wisewithmoney.org.uk
- Local Welfare Provision that provides some household items for free. This option is means tested and our Money Advice Team could support you with your claim: www.boltonathome.org.uk/money-advice-team
Affordable Carpet Options
Our properties are rented without carpets. If you are looking for carpets, we recommend you have a good look around.
We have negotiated discounts with the following suppliers for Bolton at Home Customers.
Please note, if you are thinking about laminate flooring, you will need to contact us first for permission.
|Name||Contact Details||Discount for Bolton at Home Tenants|
86 Blackburn Road,
|01204 303333||20% discount on carpets for Bolton at Home Tenants|
G & G Carpets
478 Blackburn Road,
10% discount on carpets for Bolton at Home Tenants
Bolton Carpet Warehouse
33 Higher Bridge Street,
Reduced rates on carpets for Bolton at Home
Affordable Furniture Options
Our properties are rented without furniture. If you are looking or new or second hand furniture, we always recommend having a good look around. We recommend the following places for low cost, affordable furniture:
Emmaus Furniture Charity: www.emmaus.org.uk/bolton
Contact: 01204 398056
- A 15% discount for all Bolton at Home tenants
- Low cost packages for 1, 2 or 3 bedroom homes
- Clothes, household electrical items
- Free delivery service available
Bolton Community Furniture Store: bcfs.org.uk
Contact: 01204 364777
- New and second hand furniture available.
- White goods available.
To receive 20% off second hand goods, you will need to provide a copy of your tenancy agreement to receive your discount. Delivery service available, costs may vary. Please ask for details.
Carpet and Bed Warehouse - Horwich
Contact: 01204 693200
20% discount on beds for all Bolton at Home tenants
Furniture 4U at The Square Bolton: www.thesquarebolton.co.uk/furniture-4u
- Low cost furniture items
- White goods available
You will need to provide a copy of your tenancy agreement to receive your discount.
Local Welfare Provision: www.bolton.gov.uk/website/pages/Localwelfareprovision.aspx
Contact: Bolton Council on 01204 332772
The Local Welfare provision is a local scheme which helps people who are in crisis or need financial help to buy essential white goods, for example:
- Fridge Freezer
- Washing Machine
- They can also help with emergency food or fuel vouchers.
Local Welfare provision
The Local Welfare provision (LWP) is a local scheme which helps people who are in crisis or need financial help.
Bolton Council provides support for:
- Emergency help with food
- Emergency help for gas and electric
- Help to buy essential white goods, ie Fridge Freezer, cooker, washing machine
- Returning to live in the community after being in care or in hospital or leaving prison
- Wanting to stay in your home rather than go into care.
Get more information on the scheme on Bolton Council’s website by clicking here.
Affordable, low cost loans
Hoot - Credit Union provides low cost, affordable loans that can be used to purchase new or used furniture, white goods or carpets.
They also provide interest free loans for A rated appliances, such as washing machines, cookers, fridge freezers.