The Homefinder Service delivers the Housing Allocations function of Bolton at Home properties across Bolton as well as providing housing and tenancy advice to our customers.
The Homefinder service is responsible for
- Ending your tenancy
- Ending a tenancy due to bereavement
- Allocation of void properties
- Advertising void properties
- Verification and sign-up of new tenants
- Mutual exchanges
You can also find more information on these pages about:
- Bidding for a property and how to be more successful
- Preparing for a Bolton at Home Property & the information you need to provide to us
- How we make an offer and our pre offer interview
- Moving in tips
- Where to buy affordable carpets and furniture
- The importance of Home Contents insurance
- Fire safety in the home
- Keeping your home secure
- How to donate or recycle furniture
- Tenancy Fraud & meter tampering
Need help to furnish your home?
If you need any help to furnish your new home, we can offer support with a range of furniture options – these include:
- Access to a range of low cost reused furniture items from our ‘Partners’
- Furniture loan from HOOT Credit Union
- Local Welfare Provision
For more details contact your housing officer through your local neighbourhood office or UCAN centre.
Download our furniture support leaflet here: Emmaus-leaflet-[pdf]-651KB
Furnished tenancies that are coming to an end: answers to frequently asked questions here: furnished-tenancies-FAQ-[pdf]-270KB
What are CORE Logs?
CORE (COntinuous REcording) is a national information source funded by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) which records information on the characteristics of both Private Registered Providers’ and Local Authorities’ new social housing tenants and the homes they rent and buy. Any Provider registered with the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) is required to complete CORE logs.
A CORE log is completed with our customers as part of the sign up process. The CORE log covers information including let type, household characteristics, source of referral, previous tenure and details relating to housing costs.
All information recorded on CORE logs is subject to the data sharing and privacy legislation outlined in GDPR. A copy of the privacy notice outlining further details is attached.
Your tenancy images
Whether you’re a new tenant or have been with us a while, this guide will be useful if you’re thinking of getting a pet, already have pets or experiencing issues
with a neighbour’s pet: Pet-guide-[pdf]-692KB