Bidding for a Bolton at Home Property
All our properties are listed on pinpoint under Homes for Bolton.
To register and start bidding for a property, click on this link www.homesforbolton.org.uk
Please ensure that you provide all up to date contact numbers including a mobile number and email address so that we can contact you as quickly as possible if you are successful.
You will need to provide us with information about your income and expenditure and also references - click here for more information on how to prepare for your tenancy.
Please note: Don’t waste bids on properties that are not suitable or that you do not really want. If you make multiple refusals, we may request to suspend or remove your application from the Homes for Bolton register.
Things to consider when bidding for a Bolton at Home Property
When bidding for a property, there are a few things to consider, for example:
- Have you got all your references ready?
- Is the location right for you?
- Do you know the area?
- You can check out the location and area using Google Maps.
- Are there local shops, supermarkets, schools, bus stops etc near to the property?
- Do you need to be close to friends or family?
- If you are working, or looking for work, can you get to work easily?
- Please only bid for properties that you are interested in and check that you match the criteria listed in the advert.
- You will not be offered a property if you do not meet the allocation criteria listed in the advert.
- You do not have to use up your maximum bids every week to remain registered. This will not affect any future bids or offers.
- To be eligible for rehousing in larger properties, you must be in receipt of Child Benefit for at least 1 dependent child and meet the bedroom occupancy, or in receipt of Carers Allowance or some other equivalent benefit.
Advanced Rent and Direct Debit
Advanced Rent: You will need to have 1 week or months rent ready (depending on agreed payment frequency) if you are offered a property.
- Rent must be paid by Direct Debit so you will need a Bank Account.
- If you don’t have one and need help, you can contact our Money Advice Team on 01204 329868 for support.
Templates for References & Budget Planner
If you are offered a property, you will need to complete the following documents:
Keep getting shortlisted?
It’s really important that you are details are up to date on pinpoint.
- Ensure that you complete the additional comments section on your application to fully explain your circumstances.
- Are there any special requirements you need to tell us about?
- Think about why are you moving or need a property.
- What will this property offer you that you that your current one doesn’t?
There are also other things to think about, for example:
- Are you meeting the advertised criteria?
- Are you bidding for the right properties?