What alterations and improvements can I make to my shared ownership home?
Below is a list of example alterations that can be carried out, some require permission from Bolton at Home, whilst others do not:
Permission from Bolton at Home IS required:
- Replacing window frames
- Works affecting any services to the property, for example, electric, gas, drainage, water
- Installation of central heating/replacement of boiler
- Any change to the internal layout of your property
- New kitchens and bathrooms
- Installation of aerials or satellite dishes
Permission from Bolton at Home ISN'T required:
- Replaing glass in windows
- Changing internal doors
- Internal decoration
How do I get permission to make alterations to my shared ownership home?
Telephone: 01204 328000
Post: Leasehold Management, Bolton at Home, 2nd Floor Valley House, 98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton, BL1 8SW
Please note that there is a fee payable for permissions and this will need to be paid in advance.