Equality and diversity
Our aim is to create homes and neighbourhoods we can all be proud of and we want to do this in a fair and responsible way. Our world is increasingly diverse and we must understand people’s differences. By doing that, we can develop and make changes to our services and be confident that everyone has fair and equal access to them.
We have signed up to the Chartered Institute of Housing’s Equality and Diversity Charter. This means we are committed to the following eight principles:
- Equality and diversity is driven from the top
- Equality and diversity informs our business planning
- Equality and diversity shapes our organisational culture
- Equality and diversity is supported through staff training, development and engagement
- We know who our customers are
- We involve our customers in shaping and scrutinizing services
- We represent the communities which we serve
- We support the communities which we serve
We are a member of the Manchester LGBT housing group. This was set up to look at what happens for LGBT people in housing in the Greater Manchester area. This group has produced a guide on housing rights for LGBT people over 50 in the North West. Click here to read the Guide on Housing for older LGBT people.
Gender Pay Gap Statement
“We confirm that our data has been calculated and interpreted according to the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and the Gender Pay Gap Information Regulations 2017.”
Jon Lord, Chief Executive of Bolton at Home