Be involved header
There are many ways you can get involved with Bolton at Home.
- You can meet people local to you by taking part in activities run from our community centres,
- Drop into one of our UCAN centres to find out what volunteering opportunities are available,
- Help improve your community by joining a community group or Tenant & Resident Association,
- Take part in improving services by joining our Scrutiny Group or
- Find out more about how to join our Operations Committee or become a Board Member.
Click or tap on the tabs below to learn more about some of the ways you can get involved:
Help us improve our services
- If you are over 55 you can come along to our Seniors in Partnership group. Here you can share experiences and discuss local issues and service. Contact our Activities Co-ordinator Lesley Tyrer on 01204 329678 for more details.
- Voices: This is currently being updated and we'll have more information coming soon.
- Complete the online form below to grade the grounds maintenance in your area. Is it excellent? Is it poor? Let us know.
Please make sure you look at the photo standards beforehand: photo-standards
Support our Grounds Maintenance Customer Panel
- The Neighbourhood Services Team invites customers to get involved in our service by being part of our Grounds Maintenance Customer Panel.
- This involves residents assisting us with measuring customer satisfaction of our grounds maintenance service. Checks are carried out approximately four times a year and residents can choose to take part in one or all of the checks, depending on what suits them.
- We provide all training and then send residents out in teams of two or three to complete the checks. Residents check the quality of grass cutting, shrub pruning and weed spraying on our estates. The results influence the incentive payments that Glendale may receive as part of their contract.
Get in touch by contacting us on 01204 328000 or alternatively via email on email@example.com
Make a change in your community
Join a community group or tenants and residents association. There are a number of these across our estates and they are a great way to help improve your community.
If you're interested in joining or finding your nearest community group, contact the Community Investment Team on 01204 329572 or 327992 text by sending CITEAM and your message to 80800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take part in an estate walkabout. Get out with local housing staff and inspect the area you live in. Contact your local housing office for more details here.
Meet people near you
- Come to one of our sheltered communities for a range of social events from dominoes and coffee mornings to Tai Chi and Wii Fit. Find out whats going on near you here.
- Drop into a UCAN centre to find out about the range of services and projects they offer, or contact the Community Investment Team for community groups local to you.
Volunteer in Europe
Thanks to funding from our new Foundation for the Future partnership, we're able to offer all-expenses-paid volunteering opportunities abroad where you'll have the chance to work alongside charities FAST Romania or Otalom (Heated Streets) in Hungary. We also have opportunities in Slovenia with ZNI available exclusively for those over 45.
Click here to learn more about these opportunities.