The complaints process
We have a specialist dedicated team of Customer Care Co-ordinators to handle your complaint, compliment or suggestion. If you want to make a direct complaint, compliment or suggestion you can:
- Use our Customer Feedback Form (pdf).
- Send a letter to the Customer Care Team (you'll find our address below)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone our Customer Contact Centre on 01204 328000
- Send us a private message on Facebook
To help us assist you we will need to know:
- Your name and address
- Let us know about your feedback
- Let us know what you think we should do
- Your daytime contact number and email address (if you have one)
We will always try to resolve your complaint in the first instance over the telephone, but if this is not possible and we need time to look at it, we will acknowledge that we have received your complaint with 5 working days. We will aim to provide you with a full response within 10 working days. If we can’t get back to you in that time, we will explain why and tell you how long it will take.
Here's our address:
Bolton at Home
98 Waters Meeting Road
The complaints process: Stage 2
Stage 2- Senior Management Review:
If, after we have investigated your complaint, you are still not happy you can ask us to progress to Stage 2. This review will usually be done by a Senior Manager or a Director. They will undertake a detailed review and investigation to ensure your complaint has been handled in a fair and appropriate manner and a written response will be provided to you within 10 working days.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is when you tell us you are dissatisfied with Bolton at Home services (this is also known as an expression of dissatisfaction). This could include:
- You think we have done something badly or wrong.
- You think we have not done something that we said we would do.
- You think we have failed to provide a service to the agreed standard.
- You think we have treated you unfairly or discourteously.
A complaint could also be about a person or organisation acting on behalf of Bolton at Home. For example, it could be about one of our partners or contractors, who Bolton at Home pays to provide services for its customers.
What is not a complaint?
- When your complaint relates to anti-social behaviour, please contact the antisocial behaviour team.
- When your complaint is relating to possible enforcement issues such as internal and external condition of properties including gardens, fly tips and abandoned properties, please visit your local UCAN centre or alternatively you can visit Bolton at Home Reception, Valley House ,98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton BL1 8SW, Monday to Friday from 8.45am to 5pm or alternatively telephone our Contact Centre on 01204 328000 Monday to Friday from 8am to 5.30pm.
- When you ask us for information or make a general enquiry. For example asking about how we will deal with something.
- When you make an initial request to us for a service. For example reporting a repair to us for the first time, reporting a neighbour or complaining about graffiti on an estate.
- When you ask us to explain a decision we have made. For example if we have refused you permission to carry out your own improvements to the property.
- When your issue is being dealt with in another forum such as the courts or as a disrepair case.
Want to leave complaints feedback?
If you have used our complaints service and would like to give us feedback on how we did, please telephone 01204 328000, or email us at: email@example.com.
We’re happy to deal with your complaints…
In fact in the financial year 2018 to 2019 we dealt with 462 Formal Complaints, of which 86 % were responded to and resolved at Stage One of our complaints process.
How we used your complaint to improve our service and policies…
When a new tenant moves into one of our properties, we will now replace all failed double glazed units, not just specific windows, if reported within the first 2 weeks of a tenancy start date.