Struggling to pay your rent
If you're struggling to pay your rent there are a number of ways in which we may be able to support you.
If you're experiencing problems, please contact us as soon as possible.
We have teams of dedicated staff who can help with things like:
- Helping you to apply for housing benefit and support back dated claims.
- Helping you to apply for Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP).
- Quick benefit calculator - to ensure you are getting all the correct benefits, even if you're working.
- Helping to reduce your household bills, gas, electric and water.
- Reducing your outgoings and any debts you may have.
- Supporting you back into training or employment.
- How to apply for free grants for training and education.
- Benefit advice, universal credit etc.
- Provide budgeting support, how to manage and make the most of your money.
- How to cook and shop on a budget.
Other people who can help
All these services offer free and impartial help and support.
Bolton’s Money Skills
Hoot Credit Union
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
0844 826 9707
Money Advice Service
0300 500 5000
Stop Loan Sharks
0800 074 0878 or TEXT 60003
The IVA Specialists
0800 856 8569