We need your support to persuade the political parties to commit to end the housing crisis within a generation.
Stars of Bolton shine at community awards
Have you tried our new online repairs reporting tool?
Nominate someone for our annual garden competition.
You can drop in to our UCAN centres for help with work, advice, help to find other services and much more.
We have a range of services to help you find a new home.
There's lots going on in your area with our neighbourhood teams.
Blogger and photographer Len Grant is spending time at Breightmet UCAN centre.
We love hearing from you!
And so that we can be confident of giving you an excellent service, here’s a quick reminder of the things that we can help you with, and the things you need to contact others about.
You need to contact us on 01204 328000 if.....
- You want to pay your rent or have a question about your rent.
- You need money, debt or budgeting advice.
- You want to report a repair .
- You need advice on your repair responsibilities .
- You want to report antisocial behaviour.
- You have a question about your tenancy.
You need to contact others if......
- You have a question about bin collections or getting new bin (call Bolton Council on 01204 333333).
- You want to apply for Housing Benefit (call Bolton Council 01204 333333).
- You need help with pest control (call Bolton Council on 01204 333333).
- You have a question about your council tax (call Bolton Council on 01204 333333).
- There’s a problem with your street lighting (call Bolton Council on 01204 333333).
- You want to register with Pinpoint choice based lettings (go to www.pinpoint.org.uk) or have online property bidding enquiries (call Pinpoint/Homes for Bolton on 01204 335811).
Affected by the budget?
Like other organisations, we’re working our way through the details of the Government’s recent budget.
They’ve announced a number of changes including higher rents for tenants on higher incomes, a reduction in the annual household benefit cap to £20,000, tax credits limited to two children and 18 – 21 year olds no longer automatically qualifying for housing benefit.
If you’ve got any money worries or questions about how these changes will affect you, please phone us on 01204 329868. We’ll send out further information and contact those affected as soon as we can.
There are people from disrepair claim companies who work on our estates.
These people represent claim handlers or solicitors. Their aim is to make money – usually up to £500 per referral (whether or not the claim is real). They may tell you that your home is in need of repair and encourage you to put in a claim against us.
We want you to be aware of them, what happens if you claim and how it affects us.
If you’re a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender person living in Bolton, a new survey is asking for your views on community safety and whether you’ve experienced hate crime or discrimination.
Nominations are now open for the Bloomin' Marvellous Garden competition 2015. Deadline for entries Friday 24 July 2015.
We teamed up with Bolton College and took part in the Six Book Challenge national reading initiative to support adult literacy.
A team of apprentices will learn how to man a tall ship as they set sail for a week-long challenge in the Irish Sea as part of the 2015 Apprentice Ship Cup.