News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
Johnson Fold UCAN Centre building to close and where to get help
We want to let you know that Johnson Fold UCAN Centre on Johnson Fold Avenue will be closing indefinitely from Tuesday 19 December 2023.
We also want to confirm other services available if you’d appreciate support in or near Johnson Fold.
Why is the centre closing?
We’ve decided to close the building due to falling numbers of people requiring in-person support there.
Not many people have been visiting the centre and, because of this drop in footfall, it’s only been open on Tuesday mornings.
Having a service that few people are visiting means the Johnson Fold UCAN Centre is no longer delivering the value for money for tenants that we strive for.
Our weekly Pop-Up UCAN centre at Sabden Garden in Johnson Fold has proved to be popular, therefore we’ll continue to deliver a UCAN centre service to the community from this site.
Support options available
Anyone who requires help with employment, debt, benefits, housing, utilities, or anything else, can still get support and reach our UCAN centre team in the following ways:
- Pop-Up UCAN centre drop-in: Tuesdays 1.30pm to 4pm, Sabden Garden (Allotment), Sabden Road, BL1 5US.
- Phone support: call us on 01204 329563, Mondays to Fridays, 9.30am to 4pm.
Our team also remains committed to supporting local initiatives including:
- Men in Sheds project: Mondays 9.30am to 12.30pm, Sabden Garden (Allotment), Sabden Road, BL1 5US.
- After School Club for 8 to 11s: Thursdays 3.30pm to 5pm, The Triangle Annexe, Chorley Old Road, BL1 5SH.
We still welcome new opportunities to work with groups in the area and we’ll be offering a range of training courses in different locations across the estate.
What about other UCAN centres?
Services remain available at our other UCAN centres and Pop-Up UCAN centres.
If you can’t make it to the Pop-Up UCAN centre at Sabden Garden (currently open on Tuesday afternoons, see details above), there are other UCAN centres, including nearby Tonge Moor UCAN Centre, that can help.
The best place to get more information about where they are, when they’re open and the support they offer is detailed at www.boltonathome.org.uk/ucan, or phone us on 01204 328000.
We also recommend following the Bolton at Home Communities & UCAN Centres page on Facebook for the latest updates and details of community activities and events in your area.
Other ways to reach us for assistance
You can contact us directly in the following ways:
- Phone: 01204 328000.
- Webchat: www.boltonathome.org.uk (tap the 'Chat with us' button)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-person visit: Head office reception at 98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton BL1 8SW, or (please always check our website first for more information and up to date opening times).
- Letter: Bolton at Home, 98 Waters Meeting Road, Bolton BL1 8SW.
- Facebook: private message our main Bolton at Home Facebook page.
Please report all emergency repairs to us by phone or in person. You can phone through an emergency repair at any time.
Thanks for your time and understanding.