Keeping your home secure
Bolton at Home staff and our contractors should always carry ID, which you should ask to see before letting us in.
Reduce the risk of a break-in with these steps.
- Close and lock all windows and doors whenever you leave the property, even if you are back soon.
- Never leave a key hidden outside your home or on a string behind the letterbox.
- When you are at home, don’t leave keys in doors or near to doors.
- Do not put a label on your house keys that gives your address.
- Lock all external gates, sheds and garages.
- Always check the identity of callers to your home before letting them in.
- Never leave valuables on display and hide smaller items.
- Do not leave ladders or tools outside of your home as these can help intruders gain access.
- Install timers on lights or radios to make it seem that the property is occupied if you are out.
- If you have a burglar alarm fitted, use it.