News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
We invite you to meet our new locality teams
Looking to connect with your local community and find valuable support? Join us at one of four events happening over 10, 11, 12 and 13 July, and meet our new locality teams.
Covering the north, east, south central and south west areas of Bolton, our locality teams are part of our service for community engagement and made up of colleagues in a range of community focused roles. They’re passionate about working with individuals, community groups and organisational partners to bring about positive change. Read on for more details about the activities and support on offer.
At these events, you can:
- Stay in the know: get up-to-date information about what’s happening in your area and discover local activities and groups you can join.
- Get cost of living support: learn about the range of assistance we can provide and get information and advice specific for your needs (we also have an online hub dedicated to supporting you with rising living costs, here: www.boltonathome.org.uk/cost-of-living)
- Find out about our future plans: how we’re working differently to bring you quality services and ensure your voice is heard.
- Share any issues you’re experiencing at home or in your community: our teams will do what they can to provide the support you might need.
- Have food and fun: enjoy a visit from Lofty the Lion as well as the ‘ice green van’, and there’ll be food and refreshments, plus face painting and more to keep the kids entertained.
Join us on the following dates at these venues, from 3pm to 6pm:
- Deane UCAN Centre (2 Oriel Street, Bolton BL3 5PD), Monday 10 July, 3pm to 6pm
- Withins UCAN Centre (39 Kentmere Road, Breightmet, Bolton BL2 5JG), Tuesday 11 July, 3pm to 6pm
- New Bury UCAN Centre (53 George Street, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 9PU), Wednesday 12 July, 3pm to 6pm
- Tonge Moor UCAN Centre (269 Tonge Moor Road, Bolton BL2 2LE), Thursday 13 July, 3pm to 6pm
And that’s not all. Don’t forget the ongoing support available at our UCAN centres every week, which includes:
- Help with finding and applying for work
- Free use of the internet, computers and a phone
- Training courses
- Access to social activities and community groups
- Help with housing issues and benefits
- Health and wellbeing support and advice
- Help with money matters.
We look forward to seeing you.
Learn more and keep in touch:
You can find more information about our UCAN centres here: www.boltonathome.org.uk/ucan.
You can also Follow our Facebook page dedicated to updates from our Community Engagement Team on events, activities, and projects in your local communities and UCAN centres, at: www.facebook.com/BoltonatHomeCommunities.