News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
Updated list of where to collect free packed lunches from over summer
Aimed at children and young people who’d normally receive free school meals during term time, Urban Outreach's 'Bolton Lunches' project runs every year to help make sure no child goes hungry during the summer holidays.
Here's a list of all the sites you’ll be able to collect no-cost packed lunches from. They’ll all be open 11am to 12noon, Monday 25 July to Friday 2 September (excluding the 29 August bank holiday):
This list was originally published on 15 July 2022, 12pm. It was last updated on 1 August 2022, 12pm.
- Oldhams Children's Centre, Forfar Street, BL1 6RN
- St. Katherine's Church, Church Street, BL6 5EN
- Breightmet Library, Breightmet Fold Lane, BL2 6NT
- Elderdale Community Centre, Yewdale Drive, BL2 5JF
- Red Lane URC, Newby Road, BL2 5EL
- Willows Community Centre, Back Caledonia Street, BL3 5PA
- Deane Church Centre, 41 Junction Road, BL3 4LT
- High Street Library, 82 High Street, BL3 6SZ
- Farnworth Library, Market Street, BL4 7PG
- New Bury UCAN Centre, 53 George Street, BL4 9PU
- St. Catherine's Church, Highfield Road, BL4 0QZ
- Rose Hill URC, 75 Bradford Road, BL3 2HE
- Oxford Grove Children's Centre, Oxford Grove, BL1 3BH
- St. Thomas Primary School, Eskrick Street, BL1 3JB
- St. Catherine's Church, Richmond Street, BL6 5QT
- St. Elizabeth's Church, Cedar Avenue, BL6 6HT
- Hope Centre, 27 Tattersall Avenue, BL1 5TE
- Roosevelt Road Community Centre, Roosevelt Road, BL4 8EA
- Kings Church Little Lever, Market Street, BL3 1HN
- Castle Hill Centre, Castleton Street, BL2 2JW
- Tonge Children's Centre, 260 Starkie Road, BL2 2ED
- John Holt Centre, Birch Avenue, BL5 2NR
P.S. if you’d like to see the summer events and activities that’ll be taking place for families and young people in your area, visit www.bolton.gov.uk/HAF.
Tap on your area and you’ll see a list of all the HAF (Holiday Activities and Food programme) activities planned nearby.
You can expect creative activities involving sports, games, physical activity, and food- with most sites being open to all (please note that some are open only to those in receipt of benefits-related free school meals).
Staff from our Community Engagement Team have also lined-up a series of summer activities for families and young people (some of which are part of the HAF programme). Stay tuned for further details on those soon.
Latest TAP4 issue
In this issue:
- Friendly faces in familiar places - Bolton Manbassadors
- Tips from Tom to help with rising energy costs
- Be aware of doorstep fraudsters
- Your home repairs - we're getting back on track
- Introducing Aptem
- How we're improving our complaints system
- Support for Bolton's street homeless - Hope for Change
- A fresh start - giving support to people leaving hospital
- Our staff talk you through Air Source Heat Pumps
- "Money Advice has been an absolute lifelife"
- Recognise your community heroes - Stars of the Community Awards 2022
- Providing opportunities for young people
Your latest Quarter Turn issue
Your latest Quarter Turn issue:
Each quarter, we send our printed Quarter Turn magazine to 4,800 customers living in our sheltered and extra care schemes, those receiving Careline and living in our general let and over 70s in our general let.