The complaints process
We have a specialist dedicated team of Customer Care Co-ordinators to handle your complaint, compliment or suggestion. If you want to make a direct complaint, compliment or suggestion you can:
- Use our Customer Feedback Form: BH-Customer-Feedback-Form-[pdf]-81KB
- Send a letter to the Customer Care Team (you'll find our address below)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone our Customer Contact Centre on 01204 328000
- Send us a private message on Facebook
To help us assist you we will need to know:
- Your name and address
- Let us know about your feedback
- Let us know what you think we should do
- Your daytime contact number and email address (if you have one)
We will always try to resolve your complaint in the first instance over the telephone, but if this is not possible and we need time to look at it, we will acknowledge that we have received your complaint with 5 working days. We will aim to provide you with a full response within 10 working days. If we can’t get back to you in that time, we will explain why and tell you how long it will take.
Here's our address:
Bolton at Home
98 Waters Meeting Road
The complaints process: Stage 2
Stage 2- Senior Management Review:
If, after we have investigated your complaint, you are still not happy you can ask us to progress to Stage 2. This review will usually be done by a Senior Manager or a Director. They will undertake a detailed review and investigation to ensure your complaint has been handled in a fair and appropriate manner and a written response will be provided to you within 10 working days.
View our Housing Ombudsman Self Assessment:
Housing Ombudsman Address:
Housing Ombudsman Exchange Tower,
Harbour Exchange Square,
Telephone Number: 0300 111 3000
R-Haus and ASB Complaints
If you'd like to register a complaint with R-Haus, please contact them directly by visiting their website www.r-haus.org/contact.
If you'd like to make a complaint about a neighbour, please contact our antisocial behaviour team. To find out more about this, check out our antisocial behaviour team pages on www.boltonathome.org.uk/tackling-asb.
What is a complaint?
A complaint is when you tell us you are dissatisfied with Bolton at Home services (this is also known as an expression of dissatisfaction). This could include:
- You think we have done something badly or wrong.
- You think we have not done something that we said we would do.
- You think we have failed to provide a service to the agreed standard.
- You think we have treated you unfairly or discourteously.
A complaint could also be about a person or organisation acting on behalf of Bolton at Home. For example, it could be about one of our partners or contractors, who Bolton at Home pays to provide services for its customers.
Bolton at Home define a complaint as an expression of dissatisfaction by a customer when something has gone wrong. This may be about the quality of the service you received, how we delivered the service to you, how you were dealt with or how you have been affected as an individual /or a group.
We ask that you contact us with your feedback within 6 months of the incident occurring to allow us to deal with the matter as soon as possible.
We are unable to accept your complaint if:
- It relates to a first time request for a service;
- Legal proceedings are pending or have started, or where there is a legal solution;
- It relates to an issue that has occurred due to an Act of God e.g. high winds;
- It is a disagreement with our policies or procedures;
- It relates to reports about neighbour nuisance and/or antisocial behaviour (this will be dealt with under our Antisocial Behaviour Policy);
- It is considered the demands are unreasonable / aggressive or unreasonably persistent.
Want to leave complaints feedback?
If you have used our complaints service and would like to give us feedback on how we did, please telephone 01204 328000 Monday to Friday between 8am- 5.30pm or email email@example.com.
We’re happy to deal with your complaints…
In fact in the financial year 2018 to 2019 we dealt with 462 formal complaints, of which 86 % were responded to and resolved at Stage One of our complaints process.
In the financial year 2019-2020 we dealt with 393 formal complaints of which 82% were responded to and resolved at Stage One of our complaints process.
How we used your complaint to improve our service and policies…
When a new tenant moves into one of our properties, we will now replace all failed double glazed units, not just specific windows, if reported within the first 2 weeks of a tenancy start date.