News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
Don’t forget to claim your £150 Council Tax energy rebate
Please don’t forget to claim your £150 Council Tax energy rebate** if you haven’t already. Bolton Council have recently written to over 22,000 households in Bolton that still haven’t done so.
Pretty much everyone is eligible for the payment (including those who receive full Council Tax support) as long as you’re in Council Tax bands A to D and were registered for Council Tax on 1 April 2022.
People who pay their Council Tax by Direct Debit will now have had all their payments issued.
However- if you don’t pay via Direct Debit and haven’t had your payment, you’ll need to complete an application form by visiting: www.bolton.gov.uk/homepage/43/housing-and-council-tax and tapping on the ‘Apply now’ button. You can choose to have the money paid directly into your bank account or credited to your Council Tax account
**The government introduced this payment to help with energy costs. To learn more and see frequently asked questions, visit the government’s website: www.gov.uk/guidance/council-tax-rebate-factsheet.
Latest TAP4 issue
In this issue:
- Friendly faces in familiar places - Bolton Manbassadors
- Tips from Tom to help with rising energy costs
- Be aware of doorstep fraudsters
- Your home repairs - we're getting back on track
- Introducing Aptem
- How we're improving our complaints system
- Support for Bolton's street homeless - Hope for Change
- A fresh start - giving support to people leaving hospital
- Our staff talk you through Air Source Heat Pumps
- "Money Advice has been an absolute lifelife"
- Recognise your community heroes - Stars of the Community Awards 2022
- Providing opportunities for young people
Your latest Quarter Turn issue
Your latest Quarter Turn issue:
Each quarter, we send our printed Quarter Turn magazine to 4,800 customers living in our sheltered and extra care schemes, those receiving Careline and living in our general let and over 70s in our general let.