Training grants

We can offer small grants to help with training and education. Grants cover:

  • Training and course fees
  • Child care costs
  • Books, tools or equipment

We can not provide grants for laptops or computers. You can access computers for free at our UCAN centres. 

To qualify for a grant you must meet three criteria:

  1. Be a Bolton at Home tenant or an immediate family member
  2. Not be in breach of your tenancy agreement
  3. Be 16 years or older

Will a training grant affect my benefits?

You will need to check if your grant affects the benefits you receive. 

How can I set up an arrangement to pay off my arrears?

If you are having problems with your rent account, please contact a member of our Income Management Team or our Debt and Money team on 01204 328000. 

Hear from our grant recipients

  1. "Without the grant I would have probably been put off by the course fees"

    The education grant was used to pay nearly a third off my course fees with Manchester College which is a packaged course bundle that includes City and Guilds 2+3+ a Revit fundamentals course...

Total results: 1


For more information call us on:
01204 328061 or 01204 328063

To apply please complete the form:
Training grant application form[pdf] 628KB

Return by email to:

Return by post to:
Educational and Training Grants
Bolton at Home
98 Waters Meeting Road