News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
Bolton Community Homes, Community Investment Programme
A new investment programme is open to local community groups, voluntary organisations and charities supporting communities in the borough.
The eight housing associations that form Bolton Community Homes (BCH), including us, are making money available to fund community projects helping local tenants and residents.
You can apply for up to £500 to support projects that help people in at least one of the following ways:
- Tackling Poverty: supporting people to relieve financial pressures and reduce poverty. Example: a sewing group helping with school uniforms.
- Community Cohesion: helping make the community stronger and to encourage communities to come together. Example: Covid-safe family fun activities.
- Environment: improving the local environment by keeping it clean and tidy. Example: helping maintain gardens and communal areas or organising a clean-up.
- Healthier and Active Ageing: improving residents’ (and older people’s) health and wellbeing. Example: dance classes to improve fitness.
- Youth: increasing opportunities available for young people. Example: running a youth group.
Andrew Brown is Chair of Bolton Community Homes. Andrew said: “The new fund will give more groups an opportunity to apply for funding and make a difference by delivering positive benefits for our communities. If your group has an idea that will help make a difference for our communities, we’d love to hear from you.”
Bolton CVS will manage the grants programme on behalf of BCH. Volunteer, trained grant assessors from across the community will assess all applications separately.
More details are on the Bolton CVS website at www.boltoncvs.org.uk/bolton-community-homes.
TAP4 Issue 7 - released 25 June 2021
TAP4’s ready to read right away, meaning there’s no need to subscribe to a mailing list or share your email address. Released on 25 June 2021, the latest issue’s bursting with updates, news, and opportunities for you and those you’re close to. Grab a brew and see what's new.