News from Bolton at Home
Here you'll find our most recent news articles, from important tenant updates and new housing developments, to new community initiatives and activities.
An important update on the Warm Home Discount
Regardless of who your energy supplier is, make sure you’re aware of these updates regarding the £150 Warm Home Discount (and please let others know, too):
Those of you who are with Utilita might already know that they’d usually open applications for the Warm Home Discount around this time of the year (early August), however..
..government changes introduced this year (in England and Wales) mean that if you’re eligible** for the Warm Home Discount, you don’t need to apply for it anymore- regardless of your supplier (other suppliers would usually open their Warm Home Discount applications later in the year).
A discount of £150 will automatically be deducted from your energy bill(s) between October and March (some suppliers will split your total deduction across more than one bill).
**Not sure if you’re eligible? Visit the government’s website to see the full criteria and details on how it works: www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme.
And don’t forget- if you need:
- tips to reduce energy costs (while keeping things warm during the colder months),
- advice on the best tariffs,
- help to apply for Winter Fuel Payments,
- support with energy disputes,
- and- where possible- more tailored support based on your circumstances..
Contact our Energy Advisor, Tom (who works for our social enterprise subsidiary, Starts with you) using email@example.com or 07782 522498. He’ll be more than happy to help.
Latest TAP4 issue
In this issue:
- Friendly faces in familiar places - Bolton Manbassadors
- Tips from Tom to help with rising energy costs
- Be aware of doorstep fraudsters
- Your home repairs - we're getting back on track
- Introducing Aptem
- How we're improving our complaints system
- Support for Bolton's street homeless - Hope for Change
- A fresh start - giving support to people leaving hospital
- Our staff talk you through Air Source Heat Pumps
- "Money Advice has been an absolute lifelife"
- Recognise your community heroes - Stars of the Community Awards 2022
- Providing opportunities for young people
Your latest Quarter Turn issue
Your latest Quarter Turn issue:
Each quarter, we send our printed Quarter Turn magazine to 4,800 customers living in our sheltered and extra care schemes, those receiving Careline and living in our general let and over 70s in our general let.