Our organisational objectives:
Meeting the housing needs of our customers by:
- Developing and implementing the active asset management strategy to invest a minimum of £19m annually in homes and help create strong and flourishing communities.
- Increase the range of housing options for our current and future customers and provide a bedrock for strong places by providing 1050 new homes by April 2023.
Supporting our customers to be more independent and our communities to be more sustainable through:
- Investing £1.9m annually in services, initiatives and enterprise in communities.
- Providing products and services to improve customer service or generate new income.
Ensuring that our business is well run, responsible and financially secure through:
- Improving governance and management to meet the changing needs of the business.
- One organisational workforce plan to ensure we have the right people with the best skills and attitudes that are fit for the future.
- Securing the viability of the business and increase year on year efficiencies, social value and value for money service delivery.
We report on these in Our annual report
We own, manage and maintain more than 18,000 homes across the borough. We invest to improve the quality of our properties and are building new homes to give as many people as we can the opportunity to live in a quality, affordable home.
Our work goes far beyond bricks and mortar. We tackle poverty with debt and money advice. We provide food and clothes initiatives and help people keep warm for less. We support residents into training and employment, and deal with antisocial behaviour. We help customers to remain independent in their own homes with a community alarm service and adaptations. And we work with volunteer groups to build sustainable communities.
We are a charitable community benefit society that works to make people’s lives better by providing quality housing, giving people opportunities to prosper and helping customers to maximise their income. To achieve this we work in partnership with a variety of local charities, social enterprises and other agencies.
We also work at a Greater Manchester level as one of the Greater Manchester Housing Providers. And we have created subsidiaries within our Bolton at Home group structure to acquire more properties, deliver contracts and training opportunities, and provide the means to invest more in communities.
We know that successful community regeneration requires more than developing and managing homes, it needs a commitment to help people become more socially and economically active.
Last year our employment related programmes helped more than 360 people into paid work and 239 people into learning or training programmes. We provided more than £1m of direct financial support to the voluntary sector; spent £24 million with local suppliers; supported 88 charities, voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations; and supported 59 community groups or tenant and resident associations.
At any one time we provide housing and personal support to 650 people who are vulnerable and 80 victims of domestic abuse.
We support community interest groups and run projects to develop people’s skills, health and confidence. And our staff make a difference in the neighbourhoods we serve by volunteering and donating to charitable causes.
Learn more about what we do and how we can help by following us on Facebook, or Twitter, or taking a look here on our website.
Where we are going
We are working to create 'homes and neighbourhoods we can all be proud of.'
About us image
Our business plan
We prepare the business plan to explain our:
- Current structure.
- Past performance.
- Future plans.
- Investment programme.
Click on the link below to open our Board approved plan for 2018-2023. This replaces the previous version for 2016-2021.