If you own your lease then you and your landlord have certain responsibilities.
You are responsible for maintaining and repairing:
- The floor surface including floorboards within the flat
- Wall plaster and plasterboards
- Ceiling plaster and plasterboards
- Glass to windows within the flat if maliciously damaged
- Internal non-structural walls
- Plumbing and wiring within your flat
You also need to pay towards the cost of repairs and maintenance to the structure and outside of your home and any communal areas.
Finally, you must get written permission from Bolton Council before making any structural alterations (please contact the Home Ownership department on 01204 335423 for advice).
Your landlord also has certain responsibilities such as the repair and maintenance of:
- Communal staircase or corridors
- Communal gardens and pathways
- Communal lighting, cables and wiring
- Communal heating, pipes, boilers and related equipment
- Foundations to the building
- External walls
- Windows and window frames (for properties bought before 13.12.96 the responsibility falls to the leaseholder)
- Service pipes and ducts
As part of your lease you’ll contribute a share of the costs for this work and you’ll be billed on an annual basis.
If you need to contact us to report a repair, call us on 01204 338200, this service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.