We are responsible for maintaining the structure and the outside of your home as well as communal areas. We’ll also look after installations for supplying water, gas, electricity and sanitation.
However, there are a number of smaller repairs that you will usually be responsible for such as:
- Blocked gullies
- Hat and coat hooks
- Blocked sinks, hand basins and baths
- Toilet seat and lid
- TV aerials
- Internal decoration
- Plugs and chains to sink, baths and hand basins
- Changing locks due to loss of key
- Draining the water system
- Connecting appliances
- Your own fixtures and fittings
- Internal doors and door handles
- Flooded gardens
- Your own electrical and gas appliances
- Door bell and external door furniture
- Garage fixtures, fittings, locks and fastenings
Note that some of these repairs will be carried out by us free of charge if you are receiving disability benefit, if you’re over the government retirement age, or if the item being repaired is shared with other tenants. Full details of what you are responsible for can be provided by our neighbourhood housing office or community housing manager.
If the repair is your responsibility but you want us to carry out the work, then we’ll charge you. Examples of work we can do on your behalf:
- Re-glazing windows and doors
- Changing door locks
- Unblocking sinks, hand basins, baths and external gullies
Just call 01204 338200 or visit your neighbourhood housing office or One Stop Shop and we’ll arrange an appointment to come out and assess the repair.