Keeping shared areas in good repair
We provide a caretaking service for blocks of flat estates and sheltered accommodation with shared communal areas. Communal areas include:
- Entrance areas
- Gardens/grassed areas
- Drying areas
- Paths within the boundary of the flats
- Communal windows
Communal areas will be kept:
- Clean and tidy
- Safe and secure
- Well kept
- Easily accessible
- Fit for people to enjoy
To achieve that we will:
- Ensure communal areas, where a caretaking service is in place, are regularly cleaned and maintained to agreed standards.
- Review all caretaking processes and rotas annually with customers to ensure standards are maintained.
- Make certain the service is properly monitored by our officers, regular reality checks are undertaken by Customer Inspectors and recorded complaints are monitored and improvements put in place. All information will be shared with you, via the notice boards in your blocks.
- Ensure that all offensive graffiti is removed within 24 hours of notification and other graffiti removed within 1 week of notification.
- Carry out walkabouts with residents, our housing officers and caretaking staff on a quarterly basis to check standards and feedback results to customers and service users.
- Ensure that all communal repairs are carried out within the agreed timescales and monitored by the local neighbourhood office.
We’re also responsible for repairs to communal areas to blocks of flats including stairs, doors entry systems, communal lighting, landings, communal windows, courtyards and external buildings.
If you live in a block of flats and notice that a repair is needed, you repair should report it to us as soon as possible.
Call: 01204 338200 between 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Visit: your neighbourhood office or the One Stop Shop at Bolton Town Hall
The Repairs Section
Bolton, BL3 3NY