We’re committed to improving the condition of the homes and neighbourhoods we manage. We do this through our improvement programme.
This covers works that increase the value or lifetime of your home, but not day to day or minor repairs which are handled through our regular maintenance activity.
Between 2003 and 2008, we invested a total of £250m in housing and environmental improvements across the borough. This included new kitchens and bathrooms, external refurbishments, electrical rewires and new heating systems. This meant that by 2008 we’d achieved the Government’s Decent Homes target - two years ahead of schedule.
Over the next five years we plan to invest a further £125m in homes, estates and environmental improvements. Take a look at our improvement programme to find out what's planned for where you live.
Our improvement programme aims to ensure that:
- All of Bolton at Home’s properties continue to meet the Decent Homes standard year on year
- We provide an improved, locally agreed standard
- Customers and others are able to decide what goes into the improvement programme
- Deciding what to include in the improvement programme
To do this we consult with lots of different people and many people contact us directly to give us information. We listen to each of them, either in groups or as individuals:
- BATRA (Bolton Affiliation of Tenant and Residents Association)
- Individual customers
- Resident associations
- Elderly services forum
- Local action groups
- Community housing managers
- Bolton at Home board members
- Housing officers
- Antisocial behaviour team
- Repairs and maintenance manager
- Technical services staff
- Elderly services staff
- Disabled facilities adaptation team
- Social services
- Corporate services
- Drainage department
- Highways agency
- Commercial services
- Energy efficiency manager
- Partner construction companies
- Improvement programme champions (tenants)
If you want to be involved in shaping our services, then we've a number of ways you can do that, at a level and pace that suits you.
For more information on the improvement programme or to become an improvement programme champion, just get in touch:
Call: 01204 335701
Asset Management Team
Bolton, BL3 3NY
For more information, download the "Improving your home" chapter from your tenant handbook here.
If you require this document in any other format, including an alternative language, braille, audio, large print or translation please phone 01204 335531.