What is Community First neighbourhood matched fund?
Community First neighbourhood matched fund is an initiative that provides local communities with the means to address their own priorities: It is a matched fund programme, which means that every £1 provided in funding must be matched by a similar amount of in-kind donations (this means donations of cash, services, free products or volunteer time).
Communities themselves will decide upon projects for funding in their area. Bolton at Home has been selected as a panel partner for the programme and you can apply for funding through the staff at your local access point.
To be eligible for funding, projects must meet local priorities that could include ways to improve the environment, bring communities closer together or improve people’s health, wellbeing and welfare.
Bolton at Home has been selected as a panel partner for the programme. All proposals will be considered by Community First forum groups, which have been set up in each of the wards, with recommended projects going to a Community Development Federation for approval.
Who has been given the funding?
The four following neighbourhoods have been selected to receive Community First funding:
- Great Lever
- Tonge with the Haulgh
What can the funding be used for?
Approved grants will be for the benefit of the neighbourhood and will meet the aims and outcomes of Community First, which are below.
- Support local projects that improve the quality of life for local people.
- Promote a sense of ownership not only of problems, but of local opportunities and resources too.
- Start more neighbourhood groups and revitalise existing groups.
- Introduce a new approach to funding projects - leveraging time, money and other resources - helping neighbourhoods play a leading role in regenerating their area.
- Communities being able to help themselves and others.
- Neighbourhood groups that are better able to express their needs and influence decisions made about that community.
- Neighbourhood groups that are better able to take control of resources needed to make a difference, enhancing confidence; capability and partnership.
Groups can apply for funding for any projects that they would like to fund between £250 and up to £2500.
How to apply for funding from your local group
Community First: Tonge and Haulgh
To submit an application for the Tonge and Haulgh area please contact:
Project Support Officer
Tonge UCAN centre
Tonge Moor Road
Tel: 01204 332852
Who is on Tonge with the Haulgh Community First Panel?
See a list of panel members here
What are the local priorites for funding in your ward?
1. Bringing communities together – Community Cohesion
2. Improving the physical environment
3. Improve the health, wellbeing and welfare of all our community
Community First Contact Details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of Tonge with the Haulgh Community First Panel meetings:
Year 1 30th May 2012, Year 2 7th November 2012. Future panel dates to be agreed.
Panel Away day organised for Wed 23rd January 2013 to develop the Tonge with the Haulgh Community First Plan.
What projects have already been funded?
Successful projects from Year One
Successful projects from Year Two
Application form Tonge and the Haulgh
Guidelines for application Tonge and the Haulgh
Tonge and the Haulgh Community First Action Plan
Tonge and the Haulgh Community First Action Plan Appendix
Community First: Farnworth, Great Lever and Kearsley
To submit an application for Farnworth, Great Lever or Kearsley please contact:
Community First Trainee
2 Oriel Street
Tel: 01204 333993
- Building community cohesion
- Improving and protecting the environment
- Building socio-econonomic prospects for people in the area
Proposal template Kearsley
Guidance notes Kearsley
Kearsley meeting minutes 24.05.12
Kearsley meeting minutes 07.06.12
Keasrley meeting minutes 08.11.12
Funding proposal template Great Lever
Guidance notes Great Lever
Press release second round of funding released Great Lever
Great Lever poster
Great Lever meeting minutes 15.05.12
Great Lever meeting minutes 06.06.12
Great Lever meeting minutes 18.10.12
Funding proposal template Farnworth
Guidance notes Farnworth
Press release second round of funding released Farnworth